Wednesday 11 January 2012

Modern Masters Overview

With this project i feel i got really stuck into researching the deep details surrounding the image. My research took me on a journey through looking at ancient Greek theatre, doors, poems, partially religion, fairytales, gothic revival, japanese lolita and different illustrators, artists, designers and photographers. I learnt things which i never thought id even think about researching, like doors and what they represent and meaning behind them.

I think my final image represents the original image well, as all my research links to the photograph and explains why i have used a certain thing or changed a certain aspect. The image turned out better than i expected considering i had to take into account the weather for the photoshoot and the timei had to do it. I couldnt let my model stand in the freezing cold for 30 minutes so i stuck to a time limit of 5 minutes and had blankets prepared for the muddy ground.

Techniques which i used in this project were the use of photoshop and phtoography. I had to take the photo myself and then learn how to use photshop to edit it to the right style and lighting i needed.

I was self motivated in this project because i got really involved with the research even though some parts of it were unbelievably difficult to research, so i looked for an alternative like recording an interview with an art student.

My organisation could have been a lot better with this project but i managed to cope with certain personal set backs which may have affected my overall project. I did enjoy this project though because it was different to previous projects i have done. I could have either styled the photshoot or done what i did and created a garment. This gave me a taster of how my future could steer, seeing my garments being advertised on an album cover or magazine cover etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment